The Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic is a non-profit organization that provides quality outpatient health care
for the eligible working uninsured and develops and provides programs to address community health care needs through collaborative partnerships.
The primary goal of this effort is to make basic health care services accessible to lower income working Lafayette
Parish residents so that they will remain healthy enough to maintain their jobs, their homes, and their
Why the Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic?
- Workers are able to maintain their health so they can stay employed
- Area employers have a healthy, dependable workforce with which to run their business
- New Business owners can pursue their dream of business ownership without delays caused by unattended
health issues, or using much-needed capital dollars to purchase often-unaffordable health insurance
- Local economic development agencies have a viable lure to attract businesses to the area
- Economic benefits for all by treating the uninsured in the most cost-effective manner available-at a
lower cost than providing basic care through hospital emergency rooms or government-run programs
Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic, its Board of Directors, internal Clinic collaborative partners and Staff, would like to express sincere thanks to Pinhook Foundation for their generous contribution in repairing our vandalized door. We appreciate their continued support in helping the Clinic to serve our neighbors in need and provide them with access to health care services in a safe and secure environment.
September Clinic Night Sponsors
September 1: Haynie Family Foundation
September 3: Lafayette General Health
September 15: Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital
September 22: Our Lady of Lourdes Regional Medical Center
September 24: LAMMICO
September 29: LHC
Watch the NEW Eligibility Screening Video here.
Read our quarterly newsletter here.
People you can trust
In 1992, Dr. Terry Cromwell, a prominent Lafayette plastic surgeon, founded the Lafayette Community Health Care
Clinic. As then-president of the Lafayette Parish Medical Society, Dr. Cromwell and members ….
Did you know?
The Clinic is able to provide up to $15 worth of care for every $5 donated. In 2014, the Clinic provided:
- 1,303 medical and gynecological services and nutritional consultations valued at $108,930
- 1839 lab and X-ray referrals, breast cancer screenings, flu shot and specialist referrals valued at $208,192
- 441 dental treatments valued at $140,998
- 19,142 prescriptions valued at $2,769,117