The Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic is a non-profit organization that provides quality outpatient health care
for the eligible working uninsured and develops and provides programs to address community health care needs through collaborative partnerships.
The primary goal of this effort is to make basic health care services accessible to lower income working Lafayette
Parish residents so that they will remain healthy enough to maintain their jobs, their homes, and their
Why the Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic?
- Workers are able to maintain their health so they can stay employed
- Area employers have a healthy, dependable workforce with which to run their business
- New Business owners can pursue their dream of business ownership without delays caused by unattended
health issues, or using much-needed capital dollars to purchase often-unaffordable health insurance
- Local economic development agencies have a viable lure to attract businesses to the area
- Economic benefits for all by treating the uninsured in the most cost-effective manner available-at a
lower cost than providing basic care through hospital emergency rooms or government-run programs
Important Changes in Pharmacy Services
Effective January 25, 2016, pharmacy services at Lafayette Community Health Care Clinic will only be available to Clinic patients.
Clinic patients are lower income working uninsured Lafayette Parish residents.
LCHCC Pharmacy services will no longer be available during the day OR to non-working residents and those living outside of Lafayette Parish.
For more information please click here to review our frequently asked questions.
For Clinic patients:
Pharmacy services will only be offered during Tuesday and Thursday evening clinics. There will be no daytime pharmacy services.
Only medications included in the Clinic’s formulary will be available.
For Pharmacy-only patients
Day time pharmacy services at LCHCC will no longer be available after January 22, 2016.
If you are a UHC patient and have a prescription written by a UHC doctor, contact the UHC pharmacy at 337.261.6235 for more information.
If you are not a UHC patient, please return to your screening site for other options to obtain your medicine or contact 232-HELP.
- All patients will have the option to transfer their prescriptions to a pharmacy of their choice. Click here for a list of referral resources and pharmacy options.
January Clinic Night Sponsors
January 5: Apache Corp
January 7: Lafayette Surgical Specialty Hospital
January 12: Gachassin Law Firm
January 19: Lafayette General Health
January 21: Phil Gachassin MD
January 28: LHC Group
Watch the NEW Eligibility Screening Video here.
Read our quarterly newsletter here.
Check out our appearance on local news for the clinic’s Mini Health Fair here.
People you can trust
In 1992, Dr. Terry Cromwell, a prominent Lafayette plastic surgeon, founded the Lafayette Community Health Care
Clinic. As then-president of the Lafayette Parish Medical Society, Dr. Cromwell and members ….
Did you know?
The Clinic is able to provide up to $15 worth of care for every $5 donated. In 2015, the Clinic provided:
- 1,309 medical and gynecological services and nutritional consultations valued at $94,834.00
- 1839 lab and X-ray referrals, breast cancer screenings, flu shot and specialist referrals valued at $207,556.32
- 330 dental treatments valued at $103,874.00